2/25/2012

Welcome!!

Hi! I'm Jen, welcome to my blog! I figured I would do a little bit of an intro post before I get started posting. I'm 31, been married for 13 years, and have a 6 year old daughter (whose nails will occasionally be featured here as well). I work in her Elementary School cafeteria, I started in January. I really like it, except one thing: we aren't allowed to wear nail polish! Just my luck that as I'm really getting into my polish obsession, I get a job where I can't wear it. But thats what weekends, Spring Break (only 6 weeks away!) and summer are for! In between then I satisfy my polish needs with painting my daughters nails and toes, and my toes. No need to worry, I will never post toes pics here! I know that weirds some people out. I do have to say as well that I am still getting the hang of my new camera and taking polish pics, so I hope to improve as time goes by. Also working in the cafeteria is not exactly kind to my hands and nails, but I do my best to keep them looking decent. I think that about covers the basics, so I will leave you with a picture of my polish collection as of today (I have more on the way!) Not exactly the best storage solution, but until my husband build that custom shelf for me, it works:


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I'm not the only polish addict that works in a kitchen. I work in a hospital cafeteria and I'm always getting in trouble for having on nail polish. But I feel like if I have to wear gloves all day, it's just there to protect my nails. I hope summer finds you well and in lots of varnish~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My manager is pretty cool about it and doesn't care, but if the big boss comes down from the other school then we would both get in trouble. I still try to do clear strengthening polish though.

      Summer is wonderful and after looking at that pic above taken in Feb, I have like quadrupled my collection! lol

      Delete

I love getting comments, and I read every single one, even if I don't reply to them all. But I do my best! Thanks for reading and commenting!