12/05/2012

Holiday Challenge Day 1


I'm participating in the Crumpets Nail Tarts Holiday Challenge! Today is Day 1: Snowflakes and Snowfall. I had an image in my head for how this was going to look, needless to say it didn't turn out quite like I had hoped. It looks better in the picture than it did in person. I'd considered not posting it, but figured what the hell. I'm still new to stamping, and I ran out of time to try again to fix it, and I don't want to not participate just because I failed. So here we have 3 coats of Sally Hansen In A Flurry, one coat of Pretty and Polished S'no Mans Land on my ring finger, and stamping using Bunny Nails HD05 with Sally Hansen White On. I had hoped S'no Mans Land would be a little more sheer with one coat for what I had envisioned, in my head it lightly covered the nail with the white glitters looking like snowflakes falling in the night sky of In A Flurry. I'm still getting the hang of stamping, so they didn't completely come out how I wanted either. But, I'm not afraid to show my mistakes so here it is!


Here is what the other ladies taking part did! There is some awesome manis here, check them out!

3 comments:

  1. I still think these look very pretty. I'm new to stamping too and sometimes find I get patchy stamps! It sucks because then I have to repaint the nail after I've removed the stamp! This seems like such a fun challenge. I'll enjoy checking back in to see the manicures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subtle and sweet... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It looks so elegant and classy to me because of the combination of colors. Great job on this mani. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I read every single one, even if I don't reply to them all. But I do my best! Thanks for reading and commenting!