7/07/2012

China Glaze Under the Boardwalk

Yay its the weekend! We are supposed to try and go see the Olympic torch as it goes by around here today, but the weather is supposed to be super crappy and rainy so I don't know if we will. The forecast is nothing but rain and cold for the next 5+ days. Oh the joys of living in England lol. I hope everyone else has a great weekend!

Today I have for you China Glaze Under the Boardwalk. I ordered the whole Summer Neons collection a while back, and they just came in on Thursday. I immediately had to use 2 of them, so I currently have Ride the Waves on my toes (such a pretty blue!) and Under the Boardwalk on my fingers. I have seen a little bit of controversy about this polish from other bloggers, it seems there are 2 versions of this polish out there, a pink and a purple. Since there are already 5 pink~ish colors in this collection, I am pleased to say I got the purple version. I'm kinda interested to see why there are 2 different colors though. Seems kind of strange for a big company like China Glaze for this to happen, but I guess accidents happen to anyone!

I am horrible at describing colors, but I would call this color almost a berry purple. While not actually being neon, its still very pretty and unique, to me at least. I don't have any purples in my stash that are similar to this that I can find. Formula was great, went on easily in 2 coats. I did have to do a little clean up this time, and I will say that it didn't want to come off quite as easily as other polishes usually do. This color was pretty hard to photograph and get an accurate color. Out of all the pictures I took, this one was the closest I could get. No matter the lighting or angle they all came out way to dark! This picture was taken outside, with the sun behind clouds. I love this polish, and can't wait to wear the rest of the collection.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! I also got the purple one and I cannot wait to try it. Today though, I am trying I'm With the Lifeguard on my toes, and Love's A Beach on my nails :) Such a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the same nail color and i love it!

    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I read every single one, even if I don't reply to them all. But I do my best! Thanks for reading and commenting!