7/21/2012

Double Rainbow Honey!

Hope everyones week was good, I got behind on posting a bit this week. I just got all my pictures sorted through from my camera, and I have 5 posts worth to show you over the next few days. Nothing exciting planned for this weekend other than going to see Spider-man today. Anyone got any fun plans?

Today is a double shot of the wonderful Rainbow Honey. Rainbow Honey is my favorite indie brand, I have yet to be disappointed in any of her polishes, and I have all but 1 of the colors she has made! I still need to get my hands on Lunairetic from the Chrono Cross Collection which I think is being reformulated and wasn't for sale when I did the preorder for the Equestria Collection and bought everything she had lol. As soon as she gets it back in stock though I will be buying it! I have so many untried polishes it is very hard for me to decide what to wear next. I still have a few brads I have yet to wear or review on the blog, so I feel like I should get to those and not keep wearing the same brands over and over post after post. I'm going to try and do more layering like this though so I can get more posted before school and work starts up again on Aug 27th :(.

First I have 2 coats of Ephemeral from the Sakura Matsuri Collection. This is how Rainbow Honey describes it:

Ephemeral is a lovely bright pink shimmer, with strong blue and purple hues in artificial lighting. In the sun, its micro glitters in gold, pink, and turquoise sparkle and glisten.

It is a very pretty delicate color and went on very easily. Formula is a little thick but thats how I like it. This is it by itself:


Then I layered over it Rainbow Honeys The Worst Possible Thing from the Equestria Collection. This is Rainbow Honeys description:

The Worst Possible Thing was inspired by Rarity; A sheer layering polish, jewel encrusted just as Rarity would endorse, shimmering with opalescent flakes in purple and blue and a multitude of holographic and iridescent glitters.

Again, the formula was a little thick, but easily workable. For a glitter its perfect, no fishing around to get the glitter on the brush and it doesn't need to be dabbed on to get good glitter placement. Just brush it on and the glitter stays put. Here is both one coat and two coats over Ephemeral:

1 coat, no topcoat

2 coats, with topcoat
I love this combo, its very girly. But then I think it would be hard to find anything that The Worst Possible Thing wouldn't look good over!

Rainbow Honey products and info can be found at her site Rainbow Honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every single one, even if I don't reply to them all. But I do my best! Thanks for reading and commenting!