6/08/2013

Pretty & Polished reviews

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday! I took my Daisy troop to the zoo for our end of the year trip today and it was lots of fun. Got to feed a giraffe and an elephant! But man I'm tired now lol. Only 3 1/2 more days of school/work left as well, I can't wait.

Today I have for you some Pretty & Polished colors. The Sweet Sixteen Collection is a trio of limited edition colors. I was given the opportunity to purchase these colors before the official launch, which was yesterday! I also have two colors that were included in my package in mini size for review as well of Miss Independent and Wax On top coat. Click the link for pictures and reviews!

First up I have 16 Candles. My bottle is labeled as 16 Candles, but I am also seeing on the P&P shop and around the internet that it is being called Sweet 16? Either way, this is a pinky coral milky base with matte hex glitters. It is sheer, as are all 3 Sweet Sixteen colors, but it went on wonderfully. For future use I would probably layer these over something to save coats, I did 4 coats on its own to get it like this.


Daddy Daughter Dance is my favorite of the 3. Its a light blue base with circle and hex glitters. Again I did 4 coats, and I just love how this one looks, its so pretty!


The last of the Sweet Sixteen Collection is To Be A Lady. This one is the most opaque of the 3 on its own, I used 3 coats. Its a purple creme base with various size circle and hex glitters. No problems with application, even the large circle glitter came out easily.


Now for the 2 that were included with my order. Miss Independent is perfect for the 4th of July! Its a milky white base with red and blue glitters. I layered this one over 2 coats of Snow Me White by Sinful Colors. I used 2 coats, and even though I sometimes have trouble using mini bottles, this one was good. I was worried that the circle glitters might get stuck in the small bottle, but they didn't.


And finally I have the Wax On top coat. This is used to give any polish a waxy or satin finish. I wanted to use a color that I new dried very shiny on its own, to better show the way the finish changes the look of the polish. Here is 2 coats of Zoya Sooki with 1 coat of Wax On. It still leaves a bit of reflectiveness to teh polish when the light hits it, but you can also see how its not smooth and glossy like it would normally be. I really like this, it was interesting to watch it dry and see the polish finish change as it did.


All of these polishes are available now over on the Pretty & Polish shop HERE. Head on over there and check out everything thats for sale including bath & body products! And as an added bonus, the lovely Chels has given me a code to pass on you you all for 10% off any purchase from now until June 10th! Isn't that awesome? So go on over and shop, and don't forget to use the code HOOKEDON10 at checkout!

*Some polishes in this review were purchased with my own money, while some were profided frr of charge. All opinions are still honest and completely my own*
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every single one, even if I don't reply to them all. But I do my best! Thanks for reading and commenting!