6/17/2013

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X review

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Today is the first day that it really felt real to be off work for the summer, it was good! Just hope the weather decided to figure out its summer soon.

Today I have for you 3 of the new Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X collection. This colection is based on the 1995 SNES game Earthbound and this is what Dee herself has to say about it:

"Another video game that holds a special place in my heart! I wanted this collection to bring me back into the game, and I think each new lacquer takes me to a special moment or reminds me of a certain boss that resulted in one too many Game Over's... Part I is made up of 5 new glitterbombs bursting with shimmer and color - they all layer to opacity but can be used over other colors as well. Part II is 3 new shimmer-dusted cremes and 2 new glitter toppers that give each creme a bold or sweet look. I am so excited to add these all to our lineup!" – Dee

 I was sent 3 colors to review at random, and received Pink Cloud, Tiny Ruby and Lumine Hall, three of the Part 1 glitters. They are all stunning! Lets see them shall we?

I will talk about the formula up here since its the same for all 3. These are pretty dense glitterbombs, so they are slightly thick, but very easy to work with. The polish flows nicely on the nail and there is lots of glitter on the brush without having to fish or place anything. The first coat goes on kind of sheer, but with the second and third coats it builds up very nicely. I used 3 coats for all three with topcoat. 1 coat of topcoat was all I needed to smooth these out. I am also going to use Rainbow Honeys site descriptions, as they are much better than what I would come up with!


First up I have Pink Cloud. The site description is: Pink Cloud is a hot pink jelly with holographic glitters and iridescent shimmer - perfect to meditate on and Carrot Key not needed! This one is my daughters favorite, she oohd and ahhd over it.


Next I have Tiny Ruby. Rainbow Honey says: Tiny Ruby, a shimmering ruby jelly, is filled with holographic glitters, glistening flecks, and the rarest jewels of Dalaam. This one is amazing! I couldn't stop staring at it while I had it on. It really does look like a ruby on your nails!


ANd last but not least, I have Lumine Hall. Site description is: Lumine Hall is a dark indigo jelly glistening with the iridescent glitters and shimmers of your deepest thoughts... I really like this one as well, its an amazing blue.


So there you have the 3 colors I was sent. I love them all, but if I had to pick just one of these to be a favorite it would be Tiny Ruby. I'm really excited about the colors in this collection, so much so that during the pre-sale Rainbow Honey held I ordered the whole collection before even receiving these samples! I"m even more excited about it now.

The Summer of 199X collection goes on sale June 21st at 12:01am EST and can be found on Rainbow Honeys shop and participating retailers around the world! I can't wait to get mine!

*Polishes in this post were provided free of charge for review, but all opinions are honest and my own*


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every single one, even if I don't reply to them all. But I do my best! Thanks for reading and commenting!